Boot Camp Issues: Explorer.exe Crashes if you try to open anything...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
So I have a huge issue here. I installed a .dll file to make it so I could add my own custom themes to Windows XP...and it royally screwed my XP installation. Now if I open anything (My Computer, FireFox, Task Manager)...basically anything except for Start > Run > anything you want (cmd, etc.)

So I booted into Safe Mode (Fn + F8) thinking I could use System Restore...however when you boot into Safe Mode, I couldn't enter my Username's Password since the keyboard didn't work....I assume a driver issue. Anyway to get the keyboard to work?

Basically I'm royally screwed because I just got the XP working again with all of my programs, games and I have some word documents I need that are on there....

Help....anyone?

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Wow I'm such a genious, lol.

If anyone else is having this problem or one similar (lack of keyboard/mouse/etc. in Safe Mode or XP in general)

I used VMWare Fusion and booted into my XP partition...from there I could use my mouse/keyboard wonderfully and now I used System Restore to set it back 2 days and it works perfectly (I think, we'll see!)

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.