Crossover

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Has anyone ever heard of a program called Crossover? I was told about this to install and run Window's exe files. How does it all work, or does anyone use it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I haven't personally used it, but I have heard about it. I'm sure you've already looked at their site- http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/ but it isn't compatible with every application. That is a list of what programs that are supported. If you had something specific in mind, you might want to check. In my experience with programs similar to Crossover, they can be pretty glitchy. For $60, I would do some research before trying it out...

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Oh i didn't know that it only supported a few programs. In that case, i'm not going to do it. Thanks Jeff!

Reaction score
You can just use WINE, which is free, and what crossover is based off of. But you have to compile it yourself. I'm not sure how to do that and haven't found a good tutorial yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
WINE is what I was talking about when I was talking about programs similar to Crossover. I have had way to many problems with WINE tweaking out. It is optimized for certain programs, as is Crossover. Some will run better than others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.