Upgrade

Reaction score
I got a G4 with 400Mh and 1.5gh ram, which processor I can upgrade and I'm with the OS_X 10.3.9, can I upgrade to an higher OS, if so which one.

OP
thrinfo
Reaction score
I got a G4 with 440Mh and 1.5gh ram, which processor I can upgrade and I'm with the OS_X 10.3.9, can I upgrade to an higher OS, if so which one.
Can anyone help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You say it is a 400MHz machine and your signature says 440MHz....
Go to apple.com and to the support page. Find something to enter your serial # in. The serial number is found on the back of your machine or in about your mac from the apple logo in the menu bar.
do this so we can tell you which model you own. I assume it is the gigabit Ethernet model.
Go to macsales.com and find a processor for your model.

We are not at your disposal 24/7. Give us more than 3 hrs to help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I think all processor upgrades are over 1.2GHz. You could run Leopard (10.5) on it with the upgrade . As is, 10.4 (tiger) is the highest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Your machine may be upgradeable with a CPU upgrade from Sonnet, OWC, Powerlogix and other upgrade manufacturers, and you may be able to install Leopard.

Go to OWC and see their list of upgrades, but they ain't cheap..........................

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.