Unable to uninstall Azureus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white), 2 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB, Superdrive, 10.4.10.
I'm trying to uninstall Azureus on my MB and it won't let me. Every time I try to uninstall it or eject it, it says that the program is still in use. I go to the dock and click and hold on and the menu pops up and I select "quit". No matter how many times I do this, there's still the little black triangle underneath the Azureus icon on my dock. So, in turn, I can't uninstall the program because it's still "active".

This has been bugging me lately and I'm sure it's something that I'm overlooking or something easy that I'm not aware of. How would I go about uninstalling it? I'm running a MB, 2GB RAM, 2.0ghz, 120GB....i'm gonna put my specs in my profile right now... can anyone lend me some wisdom? thanks so much.

Reaction score
Launch Activity Monitor, which lives in the Utilities Folder on your HD. There are a few different ways to do this:

1. Press Command + U to launch the Utility folder and just scroll down until you see Activity Monitors icon.
2. Press Command + Spacebar and this will bring out a Spotlight text box in the top right hand corner of your Desktop. Next type act and this should be enough to put Activity Monitor at the top of the drop-down list that'll appear.
3. Double-click on Macintosh HD and navigate to the Applications Folder, then to the Utilities Folder to find Activity Monitor.
4. Press Command + A to launch the Applications Folder which contains the Utilities Folder.​

When Activity Monitor is up and running ... have a look up near the top of the window for the 'Show' pull-down menu and select "All Processes".

Now scroll down through the main window and you're looking for anything Azareus related ... when/if you find any processes with Azareus in the name, go to the top left and click on the "Quit Process" button. All you need to do next is agree to the "Are you sure you really want to continue ... " dialogue box that'll appear ...

Now you should be able to uninstall it ...

OP
ChodeMasterJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white), 2 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB, Superdrive, 10.4.10.
nice, thanks man. worked with no problems. I'm so used to doing alt+ctrl+delete on Windows to pull up the Task Manager and for the life of me I couldn't remember its counterpart on OS X. I'm still a green switcher.

I really appreciate the help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.