APE to MP3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 250Gb, Intel based.
Hi I've downloaded some APE files and I'd like to convert them to MP3. Does anyone know of a good (prefferably free) app that can do that?

Thanks!
Jon.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Cog will play ape files I believe.

Converting is another issue altogether. The Monkeys Audio team chose to support only windows with their player and codec. The question has been asked before here, and have not personally found a suitable application for OS X, nor seen an answer provided by anyone else.

At this time, the more switchers that go to MA's site and request a port to OS X the better. They may eventually decide it's time to port their player.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys, I'll give it a go and let you know if it works!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to let you know, I downloaded and installed Max the other night and converted a shed load of APE files to MP3 with no issues at all. The software really rocks! Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just to let you know, I downloaded and installed Max the other night and converted a shed load of APE files to MP3 with no issues at all. The software really rocks! Thanks for the help!
No problem glad it worked, now go spread the wisdom ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.