Should I get a new Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I really need a new laptop, I am probably going to go friday, is there anything that is coming out soon that I should wait for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
Well, there are always a ton of rumors, but I'm of the opinion that rumors are worth nothing until they are proven true.

Get the MacBook Pro. You won't regret it. If you want to save a little cash, wait til Leopard comes out, which should be within 2 weeks if the rumors are true.

Reaction score
Wait for leopard unless you really want tiger instead. You may only have to wait an hour or so since ALL the apple stores are down RIGHT THIS INSTANT. so...here's hoping it's the release of leopard! Or you could wait until about January-February for the new chips. But i wouldnt if i were you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Leopard is now available for pre-order, for arrival on the 26th. Wait till then to buy your MBP at least because then you won't have to pay extra for the new OS. Rumor has it that there will be a new line of MBPs coming sometime after the release of Leopard - hopefully in January. But it's just a rumor.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Yeah, I think I will just get it. I will get leopard next weekend (family pack, 1 for my bro, 1 for my mom 1 for me and 1 for my friend)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.