Uh Oh... DID I JUST MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
L.Godwin (reviewer) said:
...I was concerned when ordering due to some bad reviews, but I disagree with all of them having owned the product.
i wouldn't be concerned...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
i have a speck cover on my 15" mbp. it does not scratch my case. although it's a different material than a regular MB.

i offer you this video,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOquliqwh2w

in which the lady claims that the case damaged her computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You should be more worried about the case itself getting scratched. I had one one on my MBP about a week and I take good care of it: desktop, bookbag, classroom desk. No bumping or anything and no different use with the case off. The case didn't do anything to my MBP, but the case itself got some ugly scratches because the plastic is kind of soft. I think the scratches came from sliding against the zipper on my bookbag because it doesn't touch anything else hard.

Reaction score
You will be very pleased with the Speck case.

I have a orange one and it protects the MBP very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
Hello...

I just bought this on eBay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KG6H10/?tag=macforums0e4-20

and now, I'm extremely nervous. Every single review (or most of them) complain about the huge scratching (ironic for a case, eh?) that it causes. Does anyone have an opinion on this, or is there anything that I can do to prevent this?
If you're very 'mobile' with your machine, looks like you need to re-ebay it based on the youtube video.

If you're wanting to protect the shell of your machine without adding 'bulk' I would highly recommend something like the bestSkinsEver.com clear skin/film that's die cut for your laptop. I had one of them on my Treo and loved it. The flim is thin but tough and scratch resistant. It adds a rubber-like feel to the surface and it 100% removable without leaving any residue. Works great on Macbooks to protect the palm-pad area from body oil discoloration too.

I front-pocket my Treo along with my car key everyday for a year and it was new looking up until the day I had it replaced. I'll be getting one for my new Treo and Macbook this week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.