Anyone had to replace a motherboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
So over the weekend, a friend of mine had a little too much to drink and then commenced to surf the internet. I guess he surfed upon something unpleasing, because he *blew chow* all over his MacBook. Long story short: His MacBook turns on and off randomly, and when he tries to type anything, instead of letters, it types #'s and goofy symbols. I figure it's a shot mother board.

Has anyone had to pay to replace a mother board?

I was trying to make him feel a little better about his situation, but I really have no idea what sort of price he's looking at to fix it...

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I think the second link is the one I was looking for. I had no idea how much it would cost for a new main board. There are serious problems besides the keyboard...

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.