Using Dell e193fp monitor

Reaction score
Ok I want to set up a MBP in a dual moniter set up using a dell e193fp 19'' lcd moniter. I only want the moniter to display the full screen playback of a final cut project. I dont want to use mirroing and just drag the viewer onto the other moniter. How would I do this?
Thanks, Spencer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just plug it into the DVI port.
Then put your viewer window on the second screen.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ive seen setups where people do this by having a tv connected to a dv deck/camera, and then having the all external frames box cheked (in final cut), but im trying to do this by just connecting the moniter and not running it through some loging and capturing device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just said I dont want to drag the viewer.
Well, you would only have to drag it once. Then you can save the window layout and set it as the default if you like.
Then it will always open that way.
If you don't have the external connected all the time, then simply load the window layout when you do.

That would be the easiest way around it that I can see.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok I found out how to do this View > Video Playback > Digital Cinema Desktop Preview-Full Screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.