Question about Mail application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
I've just recently started using the Mail application and I'm finding it much handier than Hotmail however there is one thing that really annoys me. In the inbox and sent messages folders, my individual saved mail elects to highlight itself in blue when I click on a certain message in the list. As far as I can see, it's highlighting other messages from the same sender, which I can understand might be useful to some people, but to me it's just annoying. Anyone know how to turn it off? Thanks!

Reaction score
I've just recently started using the Mail application and I'm finding it much handier than Hotmail however there is one thing that really annoys me. In the inbox and sent messages folders, my individual saved mail elects to highlight itself in blue when I click on a certain message in the list. As far as I can see, it's highlighting other messages from the same sender, which I can understand might be useful to some people, but to me it's just annoying. Anyone know how to turn it off? Thanks!

Remove the tick in the "Highlight related messages using color"

There's also an option in the View menu, to 'Group Messages By Thread' and you might want to check to see if that's selected as well.

#

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.