New iMac Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
hey all, i just got home from the apple store in london where i bought one of the new wired iMac keyboards...as i spilled juice in my wireless one! anyways, i have the older iMac (g4?) and so i'm using it with this computer, but so far i haven't been able to work out how to get the function keys to work? like the play/pause, dashboard, volume etc...any idea's would be appreciated!
thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
There's no play pause on the old keyboard. However, F9 is for expose all windows, F10 is for application windows, F11 is show desktop, F12 is dashboard. F13 is less brightness, F14 is more brightness...

Reaction score
If your iMac is a dome with a screen on an arm, it as a G4, if it is just a monitor, it is a G5, if it has a handle on the top, and isn't flat, it is a G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2G RAM
If your iMac is a dome with a screen on an arm, it as a G4, if it is just a monitor, it is a G5, if it has a handle on the top, and isn't flat, it is a G3

Mine is an all-in-one iMAC....is that called the G5? Nowhere does it say G-anything.....not on the box, nowhere.....I was always curious............thanks........

http://www.smalldog.com/product/41261 is this a G5 or a G4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It's neither. It's an intel imac.

G3-G6 (Apple never used the G6 though but I think it's still in development). Anyways they were made by motorla I think. And the new intel chips are made by intel.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
goobimama, sorry i don't think i was clear enough, i have the older mac but i bought one of the newest keyboards and couldnt get the new function buttons working! and jdgti, thanks alot! that update worked perfectly! these function buttons are a welcome addition!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Run Software Update, and an available piece of software should be called "Keyboard Updater". It's 22MB. Once this is installed, you'll have to hold down the 'fn' key to make the secondary functions work on the keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.