Upgrading RAM

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got a Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 1 GB 667 MHz RAM.

I want to get another gig of RAM but was wondering:

Does my Macbook come with 2 x 500Mb RAM in both slots or would there be an empty slot and another slot with 1Gb? In other words, if I bought a GB for one of the slots would I find that both slots are taken up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Hi Shark Trager

Click on the blue apple, about this mac, more info. Scroll down to MEMORY. you will then discover exactly how your machine is configured.

Reaction score
I have the same MBP and mine came with 1 stick of 1GB. (But be sure to check as above.)

I put another 1GB into it (not apple brand either) and it runs sooo much better now. You especially notice it with photoshop, and parallels. You can get a 2GB stick for it too, so you have 3GB all up which is the max for your MBP. It's upto you, I don't think there is a huge difference from 2GB --> 3GB, but it depends on how many applications you want to run simultaneously!

Apple RAM is stupidly overpriced, look around for some cheaper ones. I think mine is made by Corsair, and I have had no problems with it after a few months.

OP
S
Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you so much awrence and zurron.

I think I'll go to Crucial memory. They seem relatively reasonable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.