Airport/DSL help setup?

A

anarkhy 17

I have just switched from cable modem to DSL (Charter cable sucks).
I have had my airport for a while now and i know how to use it, but my DSL requires PPPoE passwords and stuff. So i now have it hooked up to my Mac but i need it for all of the computers in my house. Basicly all i need to know is how to set up the base station for PPPoE??? :cool: ... thanks in advance

OP
A

anarkhy 17

Help???
Oh crap i Just realized that my base station doesn't show up in the Admin utility, and i think it's because i just erased my HD and installed Panther, and the base station doesn't realize that this is the same Mac. Is there a way i can fix this?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I reformat A LOT, and my Mac always sees my AirPort base...

Got an Apple Store nearby? Might want to take the base and computer in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
anarkhy 17 said:
Help???
Oh crap i Just realized that my base station doesn't show up in the Admin utility, and i think it's because i just erased my HD and installed Panther, and the base station doesn't realize that this is the same Mac. Is there a way i can fix this?

You should see it, unless it's closed network wireless name. Just reset the Airport and re configure it.

By memory, in Internet Connection you'll select PPPoE instead of DHCP, then input your username and password into the fields provided.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've got another answer to this from my recent reformat and install of Panther. If the Airport Extreme base is set to use WPA for authentication, then you need to install the updated Airport drivers for Panther after the reformat before Panther will see it since the included drivers don't support WPA.

OP
S

Songster

Anyone Use Charter Cable Modem Service in CA?

Hello, After experiencing poor DSL service through Earthlink (down time for hours at a time per day/evening) I am now switching over to Charter Cable Modem. Anyone have experience with Charter? Also, any comments from Earthlink DSL users? Btw, my DSL was through Earthlink with Covad.
Looking forward to all your feedback :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
You'll be fine. You see, DSL sucks, when Cable is superior to all. Except T1...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.