• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie video clip flipping

Reaction score
heyy guys i wonder if anyone cud help me itd be so useful!
im creating an imovie and mine is a mix of photos and video clips. one video was uploaded from my digital camera and i had filmed it vertically so when you view it on the computer its sideways lol
i can flip the movie in quicktime and it plays the right way up (and i saved it this way), but when i import it into imovie it simply plays the original way up! the thumbnail for the film has also stayed like that. does anyone have a solution or any suggestions? thank uu id be so grateful!
e xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score
I too have a movie that I filmed holding the camera vertically and have saved it the right way around using QT.

I just imported it into iMovie and it plays the correct way up ... if not horizontally elongated .... so this is wierd that you are having issues with it .... What version of iLife/iMovie are you running?

OP
E
Reaction score
i have about version 6 or so. grrr im so cross its the last detail i need u know? do i not have a powerful enough editor or something?
xxxxx

Reaction score
i have about version 6 or so. grrr im so cross its the last detail i need u know? do i not have a powerful enough editor or something?
xxxxx

When you click on this movie outside of iMovie, does it play flipped?

Can you open a new iMovie project and just import the flipped (or flippin') rogue clip and test out if it plays horizontally?

I don't think there's anything wrong with your editing grunt, it's possibly a corruption somewhere in the works that I'm hoping is just a minor setback.

It's a good idea to create a new user account if you don't already have one, and test the clip/iMovie there ... to access the clip from the other account you can either move it to the Shared Folder, or just make a copy of it and drop it into the Shared Folder.

MacintoshHD ~> Users ~> Shared

Let me know how it goes.

OP
E
Reaction score
yess when i play it outside imovie it plays the way up i want it to play (in quicktime), but the thumbnail is still how it started off and i tried putting it into another project and it still plays the original way up! :(
pooo someone help lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.