Camino or Firefox?

M

MacHeadCase

Did you know that Camino has been updated yesterday? The latest version is now at 1.5.2. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bottom-of-the-line MacBook
I prefer Camino. Firefox takes much longer to open and hogs my memory. Camino is the only browser I use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Firefox 3 is going to sport a makeover.
Software isn't just about functionality anymore, users want brains and beauty. And beauty, as we know, is in the eye of the beholder, which is why the team behind Firefox 3 plans to ditch the unified cross-platform look of the browser in favor of a sexier look tailored to specific operating systems.

Rather than a single look across all platforms, which is the way Firefox currently ships, Firefox 3 will feature different skins for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X and various Linux distributions.

Alex Faaborg, Mozilla’s interface designer, posted a note on his blog yesterday about the divergent themes coming for Firefox 3. Echoing the sentiments of many a Mac Firefox user, Faaborg writes, “personally I think a unified cross platform UI results in applications that at best feel foreign everywhere, and at worst don’t even feel like real applications.”

With both Windows Vista and the upcoming OS X Leopard, there is an increasing focus on sexy visual appeal, and fitting in with the unique visual design each platform has clearly become an integral part of building software. Some might argue that this comes at the expense of new features, but the trend shows no signs of abating.
The Screens :

ff3.jpg

locationBarSearch.png

Source

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I like firefox, Safari has too many issues for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bottom-of-the-line MacBook
Firefox 3 is going to sport a makeover.

While this is neat, I don't want a theme for Firefox, I want Firefox to blend with the operating system so that when I switch themes on my Mac, Firefox changes with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
Camino all the way!

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
I'd never understand, why people use firefox or camino when there's safari? which is in my opinion better than them both.

It's fast, secure (maybe no extensions but I never use them anyway) and because it's apple's it looks great on the mac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Did you know that Camino has been updated yesterday? The latest version is now at 1.5.2. :)

er... doesn't it auto update? Mine's still on 1.5.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'd never understand, why people use firefox or camino when there's safari? which is in my opinion better than them both.

It's fast, secure (maybe no extensions but I never use them anyway) and because it's apple's it looks great on the mac :D

- Pop up blocking is not configurable
- Ad blocking is non existent (Safari block is awful)

While this is neat, I don't want a theme for Firefox, I want Firefox to blend with the operating system so that when I switch themes on my Mac, Firefox changes with it.

Firefox 2.x already has OS X 'themes', but Firefox 3 will contain all the Aqua goodies built in and will integrate itself a lot better, apparently. Still won't use Keychain from what I can gather though, and I bet the launch time will still be 5 bounces...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.