Boot up Time slow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Well I have tried to use onyX but it seems like my computer takes alot longer to boot up. Like the apple logo does not show up and load till about a minute or so.

Reaction score
This isn't necessarily a bad thing hal515 and don't expect that it is the shape of things to come ... basically, OnyX has cleaned out the rubbish and as a result the next boot time takes a little longer but once logged in I would be surprised it this became an issue

Happens to me at least once a fortnight when I run OnyX

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Could it be that I added a parition to my HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Could it be that I added a parition to my HDD

absolutely, that would be it right there. it has to look at two partitions for the OS instead of just one. making it a much harder job for the comp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The FIRST boot after you run OnyX is always much slower than those that follow. I suspect OS X is busy repopulating the cleaned caches with some minimal content.

Is your machine that slow all the time, or was it just that first boot after OnyX that you based the post on?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The FIRST boot after you run OnyX is always much slower than those that follow. I suspect OS X is busy repopulating the cleaned caches with some minimal content.

Is your machine that slow all the time, or was it just that first boot after OnyX that you based the post on?
Its been like this for a couple of weeks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I'd say the extra partition would have an effect I have 4 partitions and when I did this I noticed a slight increase in boot time. How long are we talking? more than a minute?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
about like 2-3 minutes unless if i press the alt key

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
please if anyone can help I would be much appreciated!!

Reaction score
OS X might have errors and need maintenance.

Here's an easy fix that might end your problem. (This was for a Firefox fix, but it is not restricted to any application or anything else.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.