need to change my apple macbook's ip addy

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro. I need to change it's IP Address because well...it's a long story. To make it short I had an account on this website (robinhoodfund.com) and then it got hacked so I made a new one and then people on their started calling me a scammer. I explained to them I got hacked, but they did not believe me and started a whole bunch of lies. I'm afraid of creating another new and final account on there because they might track me down. That's how they found out my new account was linked to my old. SO ANYWAYS...How do you change the IP address?

OP
L
Reaction score
changing its ip addy

I have a MacBook Pro. I need to change it's IP Address because well...it's a long story. To make it short I had an account on this website (robinhoodfund.com) and then it got hacked so I made a new one and then people on their started calling me a scammer. I explained to them I got hacked, but they did not believe me and started a whole bunch of lies. I'm afraid of creating another new and final account on there because they might track me down. That's how they found out my new account was linked to my old. SO ANYWAYS...How do you change the IP address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
How are you connected to the internet? Cable? DSL? Do you have a static IP address or do you have a dynamic ip address?

OP
L
Reaction score
How are you connected to the internet? Cable? DSL? Do you have a static IP address or do you have a dynamic ip address?

im connected via linksys wireless router...no clue if it is dynamic or static...i just know its local as my iStat says

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If it's dynamic all you should do is just unplug your modem for a few minutes. When you plug it back in it should reconnect and get a new IP from your ISP. If you have an static ip address then you have to call your ISP up to have it changed. I'm pretty sure you don't have a static IP since your probably would have known.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.