Playing Music off iPod through MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Here's my problem -

Team Fortress 2 just came out and, let's be honest, not getting this game is not an option.

I have ~80gigs of music. My MBP has 111gb's, so between OSX, the music, and other installations, it was pretty much full.

I put my music onto an external hard-drive to make room for a Windows partition and the 9gig TF2 installation.

My question - Is there any way to play the music from my iPod Classic through iTunes using the iPod instead of using the external hard-drive?

I travel A LOT and don't want to carry around my external drive for music since it's already right there on my iPod.

Right now, when I attach my iPod, I can see all of the music in iTunes, but it's all grayed out and will not let me play it from the iPod. IIRC, this used to be possible in an older version of iTunes, but I may be crazy.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone can figure this out for me, I'll buy you a few beers.

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Set iTunes to manually manage your iPod and you should be able to do it.

OP
spiccy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
wow, i feel like an idiot.

if you're near ithaca, i'll be up there mid-december for the beers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.