wireless acting odd, plz help

Reaction score
my macbook pro wireless function is acting very odd for the last few weeks. its losing connection very often and the network that its on stops showing up on the list of usable networks. when it is connected, its super slow and has almost no range. can anyone tell me why this is happen or how to fix it? thx for the help.

Reaction score
i have heard a couple people say this before. only with the mbpro. huummmm weird

-jeremi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
software/firmware of MBP and router up to date?

what type of router are u using?

i have a d-link at home and i have no problems with my MBP.

Reaction score
had the very same problem with my MBP and Qwest provided all-in-one modem/router... went out and purchased the d-link dir655 for my router and have had zero problems since.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
this there some kind of defect in the mbpros?

Not at all. See the Wireless Networking FAQ (linked to in my signature) and start walking through the steps and get back to us with whether the problem persists.

Typically wireless issues that pop up seemingly out of nowhere are related to a neighbor who recently added a wireless network. Usually just changing the channel that your router uses for its signal will correct the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.