iPod Nano 3G click wheel

Reaction score
I went to Staples and Best Buy to test a new iPod Nano 3G, and the click wheel barely worked on both of them, are your 3G Nanos like that? Maybe it was because of that black tie that was stretched across it.

Reaction score
Nope, if anything my nano click wheel is almost too sensitive for my big sausage links.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I found the same thing when I tried them out at Best Buy and there was nothing obstructing the wheel. Some people said that there was an update that fixed this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
My Nano 3g is perfect. No problems with the wheel.

These demo models often take quite a beating.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried a 3g Nano and iPod Classic at Circuit City and noticed especially on the Nano that the wheel was kind of jerky. I did a Reset as they were sitting there with everyone messing with them, to see if that would fix it. It did and it was fast and smooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Demo models are suspicious because you never know what kind of wear they have had.

Personally, the wheel is pretty good. I've had a few problems with it being too sensitive, but it's no big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Demo models are suspicious because you never know what kind of wear they have had.

X2...and performance of a demo thats been used and abused who knows how much should not hinder your choice in buying one.

Ive had one since the first day it came out and its fantastic. The wheel has a little more texture to it than the previous generation and IMO, gives more positive control. Its not jerky, clunky or unresponsive like some have said about the demos here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.