set the small enter key to open file/folder in finder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" C2D 2.2Ghz SR 2GB RAM 128MB VRAM 120GB HDD
hey!

well the title pretty much says what i want to do, which is to use the little "enter" key left of the arrow keys on my macbook pro, to open a folder/file in finder which is usually done using command + down.
can i remap this key in any way?
thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm pretty sure remapping it would also remap your return key...

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well those two keys not always behave the same way, i think i read that one is called "enter" and the other one is "return", so i hope theres a differentiation!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uhh... so is there any remapping app for tiger? i haven't found (a free) one

Reaction score
I would like to do the same, as a recent switcher, I find myself tapping the return key to open folders and the backspace... I mean delete key to go back a folder. The enter button would be my second option. Command and O is hard to get used to.

I like to keep my hands at the keyboard as much as possible, Its hard to do in the Mac, the different behavior of backspace and delete gets me frustrated sometimes; Not to mention the lack of page up-down and home - end. I can live with the small arrow keys and the use of the command key for stuff that is done with the control in any other OS. I would move up to a 17 incher if it had a full keyboard instead of almost 3 inches of grill at either side!

Quicklook and Spotlight are maybe the best features of Leopard specially for keyboard ninjas!

I can view videos, images and Office documents quite easily and quickly and no trackpad needed!

EDIT: I just found out of the Fn+delete key modifier for "proper" delete behavior.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.