The future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Hi,

I heard that the Mac Mini is going to be dropped? What will it be replaced with? I was going to get one, I don't really need a 20" £800 machine.

Nick.

nic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo, 1.83GHz, 512RAM, 150GB HD
The iPhone. Just joking... I don't know, sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There will always be rumors. I wouldn't pay them any mind. If the Mini meets your needs, go out and get one. If Apple were to drop it the day after you bought it, it would still meet your needs... and even if Apple were to stop actively selling them, they would still be supported for years and years to come. It is a safe purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
The iPhone. Just joking... I don't know, sorry.

I love that....iphone....lol...lol;D

Been wondering that myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'm not saying anything is true or untrue, but it is perfectly possible that Apple might drop the Mini. But if they do, they will surely replace it with something. It is a very important product in their line. It is the computer that is meant to replace your old Dell, Compaq, HP, Gateway, etc. It is meant to be the entry level machine to get people to use Macs, while still using their old monitor, mouse and keyboard, and all other peripherals.

Reaction score
I just bought a mac mini today. It is the lower-end model, replacing my old G4 Powermac. I think the mini is going to be around for some time to come. I have a kvm switch so I can use my mac mini and pc on the same mouse/keyboard/speakers/monitor (although my LCD needs to be updated it is only 1280x1024 and still is VGA).

I would hate to see the mini go, it is a wonderful little mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2/120gb/2gb Santa Rosa - 20" Aluminum Apple Cinema Display
There killing all the mini's first the ipod mini now the mac mini, i hope they keep it cause i have one and it is probably the most reliable machine i have ever had but if they do come out with something to replace it i hope it will be better and at the same price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.