upcoming OS upgrade

Reaction score
Whenever Microsoft releases a new operating system, the best advice is to wait until the first update, as there will always be issues.

Is this also an issue with apple? Should I wait or upgrade as soon as possible

Thanks

Reaction score
im doing it....in fact im buying my iMac today so maybe that way when leopard comes out i can get the upgrade cheaper or something...that way i'll have it, but would wait until i hear from people that the bugs are slim to none

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Most of the problems with new versions of Windows stem from driver issues. It is pretty much impossible for MS to test things on all of the hardware that people are going to be running their products on, so you end up with issues that take a while to solve.

Apple doesn't have this problem because OS X runs on a limited amount of hardware that Apple controls almost totally. So, Apple doesn't have to support near the amount of hardware the MS does, nor does it have to rely and third party hardware manufactures to get their ducks in a row when they release a new version of the OS.

What this means is that Apple has fewer problems both with initial testing, in getting the product out the door, and in patching bugs later on, so you can pretty much bet that the initial release will go pretty smoothly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've upgraded on the first release of every new OS since System 7.6 and never had a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.