3G Nano question

Reaction score
If I get a 3G iPod Nano to replace my aging iPod (I don't know what "G" it is, it is the one where the four buttons are below the screen and are backlit), can I put my Limewire downloaded movies on it, or do I need to buy them from the iTunes store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24
i have absolutely no idea what Limewire is (and if it's a file sharing thing I don't want to.. and it's against Macforums policy & its terms of use to discuss such stuff here)

but on a general note, you can use a program like iSquint to convert material in wmv, divx, xvid etc to iPod format mp4 files, that will play on your 3g iPod Nano

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
The iPod's (all the ones doing video), takes video in H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels (.mov, .mp4 or .m4v).

So if your videos are in any other format, yes you need to convert them. iTunes/Quicktime can do this for you, but sometimes the sound disappears and it's really slow. iSquint is an excellent alternative that does it better and faster.

Note: It's other way's of getting videos besides iTunes Store, and they don't necessarily need to be illegal, but usually needs conversation to be used on an iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.