Internet Hangs

Reaction score
Hi, lately the internet has been hanging on my MacBook. I'll try to click on a link and the blue progress bar on the URL bar will start to fill, but then it will just hang there. The only way to fix it so it will fully load a site is to turn off the AirPort and then turn it back on. This has been going on for about a week. Any ideas on how to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
What kind of router do you have? I had the same issue and found that my Microsoft router was just ready to be replaced. I bought an airport express and everything has been flawless ever since. (fingers crossed)

T

OP
F
Reaction score
I have a piece of crap Linksys router that sometimes has to be reset 2-3 times a day. However, it is definitely not the router, as my PC internet works just fine. This is either a problem with my MacBook AirPort or some software issue in Safari, or somewhere else in OSX.

Thanks for the idea though...when my router eventually dies, I'll probably do the same thing and get an Apple router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
this happens to me sometimes. all i have to do is select the address bar and press enter on the keyboard a couple of times and the page comes up. the number of times that i press enter ranges from 1-5. it will eventually come up.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks, but I've thought of that too and it doesn't work. I've hit enter on the address bar a dozen times before, and the page still doesn't come up. I've also tried just letting it sit for a while and I've also tried restarting the computer. Both of these fix the problem in the short term, but it still recurs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I've been experiencing the same thing. Resetting Safari seems to help, at least for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I've had the same problem ever since I purchased my Macbook. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.