This might be it! This Might be the Switch!

OP
M

Matt

Thanks Avalon ;)
Ok, then take this forum for example, if I were to open up Mac-forums, sine it takes up the whole screen in Windows, with no blank areas, would the Window take up the whole screen in Mac OS X??? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Just tried that :D
Nope, the window's size is about 3/4 of the screen in width, and all the length between the Menu bar and the Dock. Allthough I can resize it manually, with the little triangle in the right lower corner.
But I guess that's just a "feature" of Safari, some time ago I read about a little tool (I think it was an AppleScript) that automatically maximizes every Safari window (well, maximizing in this case would mean taking up the whole space between Menu bar and Dock).

Ok, Matt, it's about 3am here and I'm going to bed now... :eek:

But I hope i could help you a bit. ;-)
When you finally get your new Mac, just play around, and you'll se that things are pretty easy in OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Also, if you hold shift when you hit the yellow to minimize, it will go slow motion! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Same for Exposé, in Panther. Hold down shift and press F9, F10 or F11...and your windows float around in slow motion... :D
Although this may not seem usefull for anything, it's quite funny...

OP
M

Matt

I want to ask a Q: My printer is printing for Win XP The system requirements say that only upto Windows 98 could work with this printer, because XP had it on it's dirvers list. Is their a printer driver list for OS X because it says on the disk that it can't go higher than OS 8.6. Feedback would be appreciated :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X (well, at least Panther) carries 1GB of printer drivers, plus CUPS (a UNIX printing system) that makes even old printers work.
I guess there surely is one working with your's too ;)
But it must be an USB-printer, since Macs don't have a parallel port like PCs...

OP
M

Matt

Well, thats the end to that :(

It's a parallel Printer, is their an adaptor you can get for it. It's strange, you are on the other side of the world but we still seem to post almost immediately after another ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure about an adaptor, I heard once about a parallel-USB adaptor, but as I never needed one, didn't pay much attantion to it.
Try Google, maybe you'll find something.

You're right about that :)
I wonder what the time difference is between our countries... ;)

OP
M

Matt

Well, it's 6:03PM now here

What time is it where you are now?? You can tell by the time on the "Time of Post" diffrence then, cause I have to log out now :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's 10:11am here...and I'm at work :p

The "Time of post" shows me my local time, so I can't see the time difference...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can change the time zone, in your profile settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks rman, but I'm pretty happy with my time zone :D

I was just curious about how much the time difference is between my small country and Australia.

OP
M

Matt

I WON THE ITEM!!! PICKING IT UP NEXT SATURDAY!!!! :D

What I mean is if you do the math, you can tell the time difference. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Eh...math?? Well...1+3 equals....6 right?? :p

Ok ok, I found out it's 8 hours time difference...

And let us know about your new Mac experience!!

OP
M

Matt

Thanks Avalon.

You have been an extreme help through my switch :D

Its states it has 2 USB ports, well does this include the port for the keyboard?

The mouse plugs into the keyboard, right? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
you can plug mouse in any USB port, just that the keyboard has 2 ports on the back of it.. could be used for the mouse and a bluetooth stick or something :D

the iMac G3 has 2 usb on the side of it, and 2 on the keyboard, you plug mouse into one on the keyboard and the keyboard into one on the iMac, there is 2 free :)

you should also get shadowkiller if your gonna run OS X on it because it speeds it up :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The actual Apple Pro keyboard also has 2 USB ports.
As Graeme43 said, You have 2 on the Mac and 2 on the keyboard, but as you need one on the Mac to plug in the keyboard, and one on the keyboard to plug in your mouse, this leaves you with 2 free USB ports. :)
Nevertheless, some USB devices that use the power over USB will not work on the keyboard USB port.
I would suggest a USB-hub with an externall power supply, connected to the free port on the Mac.

I agree with Graeme43 about shadowkiller... Mac OS Xs graphics are great on a fast machine, but they can (and will) slow down your interface on an older Mac, like yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.