iChat and sending files...

Reaction score
Hi all...

I have a music file that I sent to my girlfriend via iChat...however, when she tries to send one to me, I can't open it. I keep getting an error message that says I don't have the appropriate permissions.

Any ideas?

Also...our video chat was working fine until recently...now, whenever I try to initiate a video chat with her, her computer freezes. If she tries to initiate it with me, I can see her for a split second, then her iChat closes down.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
if i were you i'd use skype for all my needs..me and my girlfriend use it(and she uses windows xp :) )..it is the best,better than msn messenger indeed and iChat..

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with audio for iChat. I have a powerbook g4 and i have a webcam for it but i don't have a headset. I figured that the internal speakers should work for chatting but they don't. Do you have any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.