Changing Folder Icon Theme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/160GB HD/Superdrive, 80GB Black Ipod
I've recently downloaded a few different folder icon themes from apples website, but I can't seem to figure out how to apply them. Would anyone know how to do this? It seems like it would be easy.

By the way, this might seem like a dumb question but I've just fairly recently started using the Mac OS again since I havent really used it extensively since OS 9. So there's a few things that I'm getting used to.

Thanks for your help.:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The best way to change an icon for 1 or 2 specific folders is:

Select the icon image (1 click)
Press Cmd+C (copy)
Select the folder you want to change
Press Cmd+I (Get info)
Select the existing icon in the the top of the Get Info window. (You'll hardly be able to tell it's highlighted)
Press Cmd+V (paste)
Viola!!!

To go back to the default folder icon, simple press Cmd+X (cut) or Delete after selecting the icon in the Get Info window.

If you are wanting to change specific folder types... I would suggest using the application Candybar to easily make the changes take effect system wide.

:D

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/160GB HD/Superdrive, 80GB Black Ipod
Hey thanks alot. I knew how to do it for one specific folder but it was the whole theme that was confusing me. I really appreciate it. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.