printer woes

Reaction score
I just hooked up my printer to our airport extreme. I've never used this printer with my mac. I went to print a one page word doc and it all went to ****. I ended up printing 10 pages of nonsense. I've tried it 3 different times all with the same results. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Install the printer drivers ?

OP
D
Reaction score
yeah I installed the driver and restarted, same thing. I went and repaired all file permissions as well. Sill pages and pages of numbers and nonsense.

OP
D
Reaction score
yup nothing seems to work. I downloaded the driver. It sees the printer, yet all it prints out is gibberish. It does this whether I plug the printer straight into the airport extreme or if I plug it straight into my mac book.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I just hooked up my printer to our airport extreme. I've never used this printer with my mac. I went to print a one page word doc and it all went to ****. I ended up printing 10 pages of nonsense. I've tried it 3 different times all with the same results. Any ideas?

What printer is it?

It sounds like you may have a postscript printer driver and a non-postscript printer.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xerox Phaser 3200MFP. What's postscript non postscript mean?

Postscript is a language used to represent graphical and textual elements on a page that some printers can understand. The application or driver will convert your document into this language if told to and ony a postscript printer will understand it, a non-postscript printer will just print pages of garbage.

Can you connect the printer directly to you computer and check that the driver works, if it does follow the instructions in the link posted by Kilted1 above.

There only seems to be one driver for this printer at the Xerox web site so I assume you have downloaded and installed that one.

Amen-Moses

OP
D
Reaction score
Postscript is a language used to represent graphical and textual elements on a page that some printers can understand. The application or driver will convert your document into this language if told to and ony a postscript printer will understand it, a non-postscript printer will just print pages of garbage.

Can you connect the printer directly to you computer and check that the driver works, if it does follow the instructions in the link posted by Kilted1 above.

There only seems to be one driver for this printer at the Xerox web site so I assume you have downloaded and installed that one.

Amen-Moses

I connected directly as well and the same thing happened think I'll call the apple support this week and see if they can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Ok .thanks for the info

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.