Battery Life Sucks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Hi guys, I bought a MacBook Pro about 3 months ago and didn't love the battery life, but it was okay. I was working on my MBP last night and at 100% charge, the battery lasted only an hour on Better Energy Savings mode. I downloaded iStat Pro and it says that battery's health is 60%. Like I said before, I have only had this computer for the last 3 months and now my battery hardly holds a charge. What should I do? Is this normal?

Second thing...the bottom of my MBP gets rediculously hot. So hot you could cook an egg on it. When this happens, my fans are running at 5300 rpm. This happens only after about 2 hours of use. Again, normal?

Thanks Guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Call customer care and have them replace your battery under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
battery

Hello,

Apologies for this quick response, but I am waiting for a phone call.

Be sure and callibrate your battery as explained on the Apple website, and in your handbook or digital instruction booklet. It will make sure your battery is at optimal performance. My experience with the Macbook pro battery is that it either needs calibrating or will die if it is malfunctional, so I doubt it is faulty in any way.

The heat is normal for the MBP and is described as being a replacement for a desktop and not an actual 'lap' top. The fans should only kick in ( to the extent you are experienceing) to remove heat if the unit is placed on an unbreathable surface (ie. a bed spread or on a blanket) and should ideally be used on a flat level surace, and if possible, raised a little by something to allow air to run underneath the unit.

Do a search on heat related issues with the MBP, there are quite a few threads, and you should find some helpful info.

Hope this helps,

Mel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.