Macbook to TV

Reaction score
I have all the proper connections to my HDTV but I have been stumbling around trying to find the answer to my question. When the macbook screen comes up on my TV screen not the entire screen is displayed. It cuts off a little but at the bottom and a little bit at the top so I can't really see the dock very well or the control line at the top. Will a program like DisplayConfigX fix this problem? That is the only thing that I can find that could potentially help.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Are you sure you have mirroring turned on? That may be the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. You will need displayconfigx. Cause the resolution on the HDTV will be 1366*768 or something and the macbook can't display that resolution.

Now I'm not 100% on my above solution, so you might try turning off mirroring your display, as it seems you are doing just that. The resolution that's being outputted from your macbook is 1280*800 while the HDTV is 1366*768 (something like that). Maybe lowering the resolution on your external display by turning off mirroring might help. I'd still recommend displayconfigx though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have all the proper connections to my HDTV but I have been stumbling around trying to find the answer to my question. When the macbook screen comes up on my TV screen not the entire screen is displayed. It cuts off a little but at the bottom and a little bit at the top so I can't really see the dock very well or the control line at the top. Will a program like DisplayConfigX fix this problem? That is the only thing that I can find that could potentially help.

Any suggestions?

I had the same issue... I was able to fix it by trying out the different aspect ratio's IN THE TV... give it a try.

OP
M
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the help guys. i just figured it out, i was about to download displayconfigx but just wanted to play around with the settings again. I turned off the overscan and it fixed the problem. Hopefully this can help some others if they have the same problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.