Do not buy any Curtis iPod accessories!!!

Reaction score
I wanted an iPod Speaker System, but the Apple one was way too expensive, so I went to London Drugs, and bought a Curtis iMode iP1500 (Way to go Curtis, steal names from Canon), here is what is wrong with it:

- Instructions book: at least 50 words are spelled wrong, and half the sentences make absolutely no sense
- Clock: To it, the time is always in the AM
- Volume: Whenever you turn it on the volume is at a really high level, regardless of what it was set to when it was turned off
- The people who designed the display must have been on drugs, attached are some drawings of the display.
- Sound: The quality is just horrible, you can hear a humming sound in the background.

Did anyone else purchase this? Did I get a defective one? A counterfeit one? can someone tell me?

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Looks like it's just a cheap bit of tat, to me. Take it back and get a refund. And next time, buy something more expensive. ;)

Reaction score
I've had great luck purchasing goods from London Drugs, they're one of my favourite stores.

I purchased the Griffin iGroove from them for my iPod and am truly loving it! Excellent sound and really easy to use. Their pricing was the best in town as well.

I think you should bring that lower end piece back and get the Griffin unit or one of the many other fantastic systems they have there. Knightlie was right on the money. You totally get what you pay for.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Curtis sucks always has, always will, I remember my first cd player I bought from them with "10 seconds antiskip", you could shake the thing for one second and then watch as the "10 second antiskip" would decrease then skip. Returned it promptly to the store for a exchange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
We used to say this in high school when tinkering with car stereos...

"you get sh!t cheap, you get cheap sh!t."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
We used to say this in high school when tinkering with car stereos...

"you get sh!t cheap, you get cheap sh!t."

No kidding, its often very true with electronics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.