Blackberry sync - anyone found a solution

Z

ZenithApricot

I have tried a bunch of things. I just can't get it to work. The path I have been taking is trying to get only the Address Book entries into the phone. I have a PowerBook and a PC side by side. I can't get Address Book entries into outlook.

If you export your whole Address Book into a vcard - Outlook can't read multiple vCards in one file.

If you export one entry at a time - I did a small test, the vCards when they come into Outlook are blank.

I have tried to use my Palm T3 - I can get the info into Palm Desktop on the PC but I can't get it into Outlook. I wish there was an easier way.

The software from www.epicad.com probably won't work for what I want because I don't have a Blackberry server anywhere. I use TMobile for the mail and that is it.

I have given up on any hope of using my Blackberry/Mac combination for calendaring but I need to have the addressbook (with the email addresses) or my Blackberry is pretty useless and will go into the drawer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i cant find any other thread on here about blackberry's and if anyone knows if the new ones will sync with mac's or not? thinking about buying one i'm a nextel customer and would hate to get it and find out it wont sync with my mac.

OP
W

warrenbert

I have a Blackberry 7100t with Tmobile and I sync my address book and calendar using Pocketmac. It works great. It's definitely worth the $29.95. Your Blackberry becomes the go-between for your Mac/PC by simply syncing each machine with your Blackberry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
thanks guys it should be here tomorrow....cant wait

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I need some help!! anyone know of a web browser program i can download for free for the BlackBerry 7520.. anyhelp would be graet :D

OP
I

irat101

Sprint 8703 Blackberry Headache Got to Love it

I purchased a 8703 E Tonight, Blackberry. I have spent hours Trying to get this to sync. I think I have read every blog from africa to California. I was using the missing sync for my palm. But the bluetooth sync would never sync right. I have a customer who wants a blackberry, So i elected to do all the work on my side to make sure everything works fine with Mac.
Navy which i spent 10 years in stands for Never Again Vollunteer Yourself. After ten years you would have thought I learned my lesson. THe missing sync is unpredicatable, Downloads Pocketmac which didnt work, then Poackmac for blackberry, Which seems to work but only with the USB cable. God why do we spend so much money buying new technology when the companies release it without testing it. Oh course us geeks are called beta testers. If your buying a new blackberry to sync your data on your mac, expecially address books and Ical, and others. I would recomend waiting unless the usb cable is feasible for you. Mac is releasing a phone called the Iphone soon. The only disadvantage is the crapie looking keyboard which is not a full KB. But at least we can count on steve jobs testing his items before selling them for a outradgious price. Guess thats the price we pay for items that work right. I will continue to mess aroudn with this bluetooth snyc and If I ever find a fix for it I will post it. Till then remeber the work acquistionX

Mark

I have tried a bunch of things. I just can't get it to work. The path I have been taking is trying to get only the Address Book entries into the phone. I have a PowerBook and a PC side by side. I can't get Address Book entries into outlook.

If you export your whole Address Book into a vcard - Outlook can't read multiple vCards in one file.

If you export one entry at a time - I did a small test, the vCards when they come into Outlook are blank.

I have tried to use my Palm T3 - I can get the info into Palm Desktop on the PC but I can't get it into Outlook. I wish there was an easier way.

The software from www.epicad.com probably won't work for what I want because I don't have a Blackberry server anywhere. I use TMobile for the mail and that is it.

I have given up on any hope of using my Blackberry/Mac combination for calendaring but I need to have the addressbook (with the email addresses) or my Blackberry is pretty useless and will go into the drawer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.