Torrents don't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't know why, but for some reason my os X won't allow torrents. The torrent comes up but never will start. Before I reinstalled, it worked. I don't know what's up. It's not my connection because i tried three different ones. Help me out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Could you have provided some more info on what torrents you were using (as in, whether private or public), which torrent software, and such?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are you picking torrents with decent seeders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Like Stretch said, does the torrent have decent seeders? Have you checked your firewall permissions?

OP
S
Reaction score
How do I check firewall on mac? I know my modem does not have firewall. I removed it for my windows a while back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Open System Prefs and under the Sharing tab check your firewall settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Have you tried Transmission? It's a better torrent client and has some good port forwarding thingies built in...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Azureus has been the only torrent client I've found for the Mac that can navigate around my router/firewall combo. I don't get the best throughput, but it certainly works depending on seeder/leecher ratio.

OP
S
Reaction score
Azureus has been the only torrent client I've found for the Mac that can navigate around my router/firewall combo. I don't get the best throughput, but it certainly works depending on seeder/leecher ratio.

Wow. I like Azureus alot. Everything magically works now.. I don't understand why tomato torrent worked before I reinstalled though ?

Nevertheless thanks a bunch! I like my new mac friends alot. I was telling my girlfriend its cool downloads don't work cuz my mac friends got my back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
X2 on trying Transmission...best torrent program out there for the Mac IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I used to use Azureus back on my PC. I wanted to download it on my mac and when I do i just get that dang Vuze program. What happened to the good old Azureus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I agree, transmission is fantastic. They have updated it and it's come a long way. Utorrent should be coming out shortly, lets hope, it was an amazing dozer app. I've used it in cossover, but i'd much rather use a mac native app.

Right now, thats transmission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I used to use Azureus back on my PC. I wanted to download it on my mac and when I do i just get that dang Vuze program. What happened to the good old Azureus?

It's annoying isn't it!
Click 'Advanced' in the top right though and the Azureus we know and love will reappear!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Ultimate
I just downloaded a torrent that was nearly 5 gigs and I can not seem to find it, any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Go into the file menu, select find, and type in the name of the file you downloaded.
It will show you where it is, or alternatively, select Spotlight (the little blue surrounded magnifying glass in the top right corner of your screen) and do the same.

To answer the original question too. Azureus is king for me. Tomato never works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Ultimate
oh for sure, thanks I tried that out too but I just found out that that torrent was not downloading... bummer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i third or forth or w/e a try for transmission. i used azureus on windows, and used it when i switched to mac. it's a great program. but transmission is so much simpler, and better. and also doesn't take anywhere near the amount of resources that azureus takes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
The latest Azureus doesn't eat processor power like the old versions.
I have used Transmission too, I just didn't like it as much, but it is good.
If you make torrents it's a bit limiting I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.