Need some iPod help

Reaction score
Alright, I have a 5th gen Video iPod that I bought about a year and a half ago. For most of that time it was PC formatted and I only updated it from my PC. About 3 or 4 months ago it began showing multiple copies of the same artist. Each copy of these artists (anywhere from 2 to 10 copies) when selected, would display all the music by that artist, not just selected things like it would if the tags were incorrect. I checked the tags anyways and they are all correct. Then I tried switching it to Mac formatted as I recently bought a macbook. I cleared the iPod, restored to factory settings, and then updated to the current version before syncing from my mac. I turned the iPod on, and the problem was still there. This is not for all artists, just for a few here and there.

Again, this is NOT a problem with tags, it is something else. I am very OCD about tags and album art and all that, i KNOW that is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I'm not quite sure I understand your problem.

Are you sure there isn't a hidden space behind the artist's name? I've had artists display twice on my iPod and there was a hidden space after one of the artist tags.

OP
T
Reaction score
No, it's not anything to do with the tags. For example: Audioslave is listed 8 times, under each of these listing is the same album and song listings, they are all identical entries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.