quicksilver G4 with hp2335

Reaction score
hey all,

I have a Quicksilver G4 with the stock dual graphics card that allows you to hook up an ADC display as well as a VGA display. This model also came with bootable OS9 and OSX software. I mainly run this computer with protools on OS9 (I know it's time to upgrade - but I have tons of protools plugins that are OS9).

Anyways - I've been using my 17" Apple (ADC connection) LCD monitor that I purchased with this mac with no problems. I was recently looking to gain some more screen real estate and purchased a used HP2335 LCD. Hooking that up to the VGA connection, I can't get 1920x1200 which the mac I htought the grapics card should be able to support and is the monitors native resolution. Everything basically looks slightly fuzzy. I hooked the monitor up to my macbook pro and the resolutions crisp and solid.

Is this an OS9 issue of not being able to support that resolution or is a graphics card issue? And if it is a graphics card issue, is their a reasonable upgrade card to get on an older mac model like this?

Any help is much appreciated!

thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.