Someone help me pleaz!

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a Apple Airport Extreme and I have the Linksys Wireless G usb adapters on two other pc's and it won't find the router. I have the router on WPA encryption...so I was just going to add the two adapters as a client but I couldn't find the button for add client on my airport utility. my macbook pro finds it perfectly, but the usb adapters can't....what is wrong with me???

HELP ME PLEASE! Thanks!

Jdreb

Reaction score
but I couldn't find the button for add client on my airport utility
What am I missing here? There isn't any such button that I know of. Are the Linksys adapters on Windoze PeeCee's? If so, you are going to need drivers, DLLs, etc and run the Linksys software, not the built in Windows wireless connector.

OP
J
Reaction score
yes, the driver is all set up, i was using a linksys g router before...it connected through the internet fine, but I wanted to switch to the apple extreme...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you have any Macs in the house? Does it work with them? Did you run the Airport Extreme utility? Does the Airport Express have an SSID set up?

OP
J
Reaction score
Do you have any Macs in the house? Does it work with them? Did you run the Airport Express utility? Does the Airport Express have an SSID set up?

Yep, i have a macbook pro and it connects fine...i used airport utility and im looking for the "add client" button that the setup book says to add my other wireless adapters...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am reading the manual for the Airport Express 11n and from what I can see you need to install the Airport client on the Windows machines and run it Reading more but it looks that way from here. Never set one up here as yet.

I see no Add Client button in the manual. Yours is the new Airport Extreme 11n correct?

OP
J
Reaction score
I am reading the manual for the Airport Express 11n and from what I can see you need to install the Airport client on the Windows machines and run it Reading more but it looks that way from here. Never set one up here as yet.

I see no Add Client button in the manual. Yours is the new Airport Extreme 11n correct?

yes it is...let me try that...

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm looking on page 24, in chapter 3

I put it on the windows pc, but it did not find the router...:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Is it possible that the airport only has "n" enabled and you need to turn on the others??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would try and help more but the manual I downloaded from Apple and yours do not agree. Not sure what to tell you but what I have since I don't have an AE here to mess with and never have even worked with an Apple Router. Keep us updated.

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay, so I finally could connect to the network, but now, my pc can't acquire the DHCP addresses, etc to surf the internet...

I tried doing it manually but it still can't find it...anyone else had this type of problem?

Reaction score
Now that your Mac is connected, what is its IP address?
System Preferences --> Network --> TCP/IP
And don't try a manual address, this will work much better with absolutely no other setting than plain ole DHCP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.