Finder: image preview? Where?

Reaction score
Why is there no image preview in Finder?

If I want to upload a photo to a web site I click browser, I type in the search field "sky" and it finds the SKY event in iPhoto, then it nicely lists my images as DSC***.jpg which is completely useless.

How do I get it to preview the images, as it does in my Sites/my_website/images folder?

Thanks

A frustrated from a Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Click on the image. not double click. you should see the image on the right pane. Make sure you are in column mode.

attachment.php

Untitled-1.jpg

OP
J
Reaction score
yes that works, but I have hundred of images, so do I need to click on each one? Is this going to be the first thing that Windows beats the Mac at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
In "Icon View" you can see all of them at once if you do the following.

In Finder... Press Cmd+J

In the pop-up select "Show Icon Preview"

Be sure you have "All Windows" selected, then close the View Options Window.

1535628466_393506c623.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Ride, that only works in Finder windows. This is for the Browse dialog boxes to select files. NEG REP. NEG REP. NEG REP! :D

There is no way to see the image preview on the icon in a file select dialog box. You can only preview it the way I pointed out, one at a time.

You can however use this trick...

Open the finder window with your images. Set the view to icon or list. Follow Ride's instructions to view the icon previews.
Now open your browse dialog box again. And ignore it's own navigation.
Find the image you want to use in the finder window. And drag the file onto the browse dialog box. The dialog box will change to that selection. It's a pretty cool shortcut :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Giulio

good point, and that is what I have been doing since I got my Mac, but its a poor solution for what should be simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
This is my only complaint since switching. Windows really did this preview nicely, with large images. I'm hoping this gets fixed in Leopard. The column preview in OS X gives you a small image and it's cumbersome to use. Lightroom does an excellent job at previews, but it's pricey.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.