Trying to find an external monitor...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
That truly supports my macs resoloution!

My current external monitor (HPw19) doesnt support the resoloution of my macbook very well and so shows the image but with a HUGE black border all the way around it. The black border kind of defeats the point of me using an external monitor:p

I currently use Logic pro and trying to use that on a 13.3" monitor can get very difficult after a huge project has been created. If someone could point me to a monitor that nativly supports my macbooks resolution id really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone :D

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
You can set separate resolutions for the laptop and the external monitor. What resolution can your monitor support? and what do you have it set to currently?

are you mirroring or are you using extended desktop?

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I currently use the setup as mirror. Although even if i set the displays as seperate, i cant seem to set the resoloution of the external monitor to something the external monitor supports nativly (such as 1280x1024)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
I don't think I understand what you are trying to do. Are you looking for an external monitor that supports the same resolution as your Mac Book(1280 by 800) natively? I doubt you are going to find an external monitor with that resolution, I know that have never seen one. I am not sure what you hope to gain by going to an external monitor of the same resolution since the screen Logic Pro project is still going to be difficult to deal with since you won't actually be getting any more space.

Reaction score
The O.P. originally mentioned 1280x1024 ... is this a typo? ... and the MB does have a 1280x800 res too, you're 100% correct there mynameis ... Now I'm confused

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.