Oh the anticipation!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I am getting a new Macbook sometime next week, either on the 15th or the 17th. I have been researching, watching/reading reviews online, and browsing the forums to learn about the Macbook since June. Now I have nearly $500 saved up and my parents have made a deal with me that they will help make the rest of the payments. I am a lifelong Windows user but can't wait to make the switch and experience for myself all the great things people say about Macs. I'm so excited that it's driving me crazy to wait one more week! :D How many of you had to go through the same thing??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Waiting is the hardest thing and good for you that your parents are willing to help. I had my first Mac (my MacBook Pro) shipped to my work and he whole department circled around me when it arrived. I was so giddy and grinning ear to ear. Good luck and the time will pass soon! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
The waiting is definitely tough. However I'd wait 2 more weeks to see if a new macbook is coming out shortly after the release of Leopard. That's the rumor anyway. Faster, more powerful, same $$$...

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
I'm in the same boat... Three more paychecks until I can get my Mac. Arrgh!

Reaction score
Kind of chuckled when someone who seems quite young says "I've been a lifelong Windows user" :D

I waited for 27 years to get a Mac and I was 25 when I got my first PC back in 1980 (I'm 52 now)(And oh, I paid for it myself :D

I am getting a new Macbook sometime next week, either on the 15th or the 17th. I have been researching, watching/reading reviews online, and browsing the forums to learn about the Macbook since June. Now I have nearly $500 saved up and my parents have made a deal with me that they will help make the rest of the payments. I am a lifelong Windows user but can't wait to make the switch and experience for myself all the great things people say about Macs. I'm so excited that it's driving me crazy to wait one more week! :D How many of you had to go through the same thing??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Waiting to buy has never been a problem for me. Waiting to receive is a whole 'nother thing!

I ordered the better cpu and video, so it had to be built special and shipped from .... China? It took an extra week. That was excruciating! My first new personal/home mac in 10 years!!

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kind of chuckled when someone who seems quite young says "I've been a lifelong Windows user" :D

Well yeah, but I have been using Windows since I was 5 (The Windows 95 days when I used to play games on my grandmother's computer) lol So I guess it makes sense. I've never used anything other than Windows.

Reaction score
I ordered my MacBook online and it was actually backordered, so I had to wait additional time. It was an anxious wait, but once you receive it, you will be happy you waited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
Waiting on a macbook, bought it blind, not even touched one, finally found an apple dealer in town today, love the macbook, which is for the wife anyway, fell in love with the 24in imac, WOW, bonus comes in 5 days, gone within 24 hrs i bet!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
waiting....waiting...waiting.....

for Leopard and rumoured new MBPs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well yeah, but I have been using Windows since I was 5 (The Windows 95 days when I used to play games on my grandmother's computer) lol So I guess it makes sense. I've never used anything other than Windows.

What a horrible, horrible childhood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mommy's boy iMac 20"
I'm in the same boat, playing the waithing game, and getting more and more excited.
I just got a living proof of how much easier my life will be with a Mac. Simple example. I was filling in an on-line passport apllication and at the end they ask you to clear the cache. They showed the process both for PC and Mac, several step and just one easy one respectively;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

I waited for 27 years to get a Mac and I was 25 when I got my first PC back in 1980 (I'm 52 now)(And oh, I paid for it myself :D

I'm 26 and I guess you could say I was a lifelong windows user although when I first started with computers I used dos loaded from a 5 1/4" floppy disk. My first computer with a harddrive was a Tandy 1000RL from Radio Shack also with dos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
If you think you're excited now, just wait until you actually possess it. Nothing rivals Apple's packaging. Carrying the briefcase-sized black box home, then ritualistically opening it, is heaven. Apple attends to everything with quality detail including the sleeve that is wrapped around the MB. Then, you turn it on, and bingo, everything works the first time. And, it only takes 40 seconds to do a restart! Undoubtedly, the second best feeling in the universe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
:drool:

I'll most likely be buying a Mac Pro tower next month, but I want one now, dammit! Unfortunately, I still need to get a couple more paychecks under my belt before I can afford one, and then there's the whole Leopard thing.

My office is two blocks from the huge Apple Store on Fifth Avenue here in NYC, and I seem to be spending way too much time in there on my lunch breaks playing around with all the pretty Macs. I'm going to cut myself everyday until I can waltz in there and finally buy one....

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The suspense is killing me, lol. It's soo hard to wait.

I was going to wait until Leopard came out too, but figured Tiger will be all that I need for now. I don't need to go to anything completely new just yet since this will be my first Mac. Maybe I will get Leopard sometime in December.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Just last night I threw out my iMac box from last year. And I wondered... would I love a Mac less if it came in a simple brown box, no flare? Of course not. And I wonder how much less it would cost. Maybe it would offset the shipping fee.

Reaction score
The suspense is killing me, lol. It's soo hard to wait.

I was going to wait until Leopard came out too, but figured Tiger will be all that I need for now. I don't need to go to anything completely new just yet since this will be my first Mac. Maybe I will get Leopard sometime in December.

Tiger is a great OS. You won't be disappointed.

There is a chance you'll get a free upgrade if you buy within a few weeks of Leopard being released. Cross your fingers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.