• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I;m starting to get fed up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
...with Apple Customer Service. A while back, they gave me a replacement macbook after mine was screwed 3 times and they couldn't fix it.

Now my iPhone is messed up. I cant hear or be heard on calls. I did everything they told including a system restore. Nothing has worked.

Everytime I call AppleCare I have to wait 20 minutes for someone to pick up the line. That isnt an overestimate. 21 full minutes last time.

So I am on my iphone (for some reason the loudspeaker still works) and I the iphone rep tells to me try plugging in headphones and then unplugging them. To bad this iphone "genius" forgot that plugging in headphones ends calls. So I plug them in and lose the call and I am not calling them back again.

I am so mad right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
so they gave you a new replacement macbook for the flickering?
sounds like good service to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
...with Apple Customer Service. A while back, they gave me a replacement macbook after mine was screwed 3 times and they couldn't fix it.

Now my iPhone is messed up. I cant hear or be heard on calls. I did everything they told including a system restore. Nothing has worked.

Everytime I call AppleCare I have to wait 20 minutes for someone to pick up the line. That isnt an overestimate. 21 full minutes last time.

So I am on my iphone (for some reason the loudspeaker still works) and I the iphone rep tells to me try plugging in headphones and then unplugging them. To bad this iphone "genius" forgot that plugging in headphones ends calls. So I plug them in and lose the call and I am not calling them back again.

I am so mad right now.

Can't hear or be heard?

Sure you haven't accidentally picked up an Ipod touch?

OK, I'm leaving . . . :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I've had huge problems with my iPhone, but I always have just gone to the Apple store instead of calling. I've had 2 bad screens and this 3rd one has a button that sticks and I was just sick of dealing with it so I'm putting it off for a while. As for customer service, to me the service seems to be okay as their willing to replace the product entirely multiple times. However, it seems to me that the iPhones are just not well-made, which feels really weird to say because most Apple products are great. I'm not saying that there are no iPhones with nothing wrong with them, but I've had 3 and used many in the store and they all had some flaw.

OP
Shannonb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
so they gave you a new replacement macbook for the flickering?
sounds like good service to me

It was. But then something else screws up and I get angry again.

They gave me a replacement iPhone btw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.