New MBP!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got my new MBP this afternoon. I don't why it took me so long to make the switch from PC to Mac but I can honestly say that I'm glad that I did. Everything is so smoooth an elegantly simple on this machine. :)

The only problem I had so far, had to do with configuring my MBP with my Netgear wireless router. It was very frustrating at first because the system detected the router and even assigned an IP address. However, when I tried to go to a site, the connection would time out. After searching a few forums, I came across a person who encountered a similar problem with their new MBP.

This person suggested that I try changing my network encryption settings from WPA to WEP. I did, and bam! I was all good.

I now look forward to learning all I can about my new toy from this forum!

Sincerely,

AHC (another happy convert) :)

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm fairly new to the forums too, and I've had my MBP for a little less than 2 months now.

That's too bad to hear that you had to change encryption settings rom WPA to WEP. WPA2 is far superior to WEP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.