iPod skipping tracks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
So, I bought an album (Damien Rice '9') from the iTunes store, and various tracks (about half of them) won't play on my iPod (last revision of the 30gig video). The tracks play fine via iTunes, and when I play them from the iPod IN iTunes.

Am very confused. I've formatted my iPod and reloaded my library, and yet they still don't play.

This has happened with a couple of tracks in my library, too. Not all the time, however. These Damien Rice tracks don't play at all on the iPod.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
Could your iPod possibly be synced with another iTunes account? That's the only thing I can think of. When you play it from iPod in iTunes it would still be your iTunes account that you're logged into iTunes with but when the iPod is by itself it may resort back to the account your iPod is synced with. That's the only thing I can think of really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Have you tried to reset the iPod?

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Could your iPod possibly be synced with another iTunes account? That's the only thing I can think of. When you play it from iPod in iTunes it would still be your iTunes account that you're logged into iTunes with but when the iPod is by itself it may resort back to the account your iPod is synced with. That's the only thing I can think of really.

That only happens in iTunes. If you have it on your iPod then it should play fine. The only time you have to deal with authorization is in iTunes itself.

logic_user99 , Maybe your hard drive is going bad?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.