Having some OSX reinstallation Issues.

Reaction score
Hi, I upgraded from a 80gb hdd in my macbook to a 160gb Western Digital drive.

The actual install of OSX worked fine. The issue at hand is when I go to install the disc 2 (the applications) it goes through the entire installation then errors out saying "errors installing software, please try again" I've tried installing about 4 times and have had no luck.

As it sits I do not have iphoto, idvd, dvd player, nor the HDdvd software. I'd really like to have these back :-(

Can anyone offer and assistance??

Jason

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd pick up an external enclosure for your old drive. Then, boot up from the external drive (by holding Option during startup) and then clone the one drive to the other using SuperDuper. Then you won't have to go through all of that hassle.

Otherwise, my only other thought would be that you either have a defective or dirty installation disc 2.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. The strange thing is that I've used the install disc #2 before with no issues. I'm looking at the data side of the disc and it's 100% clean with no scratches. I'm at a loss. Will apple send me a new disc #2 if I call and send my current one back?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.