Internet Connect Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 160GB HD
I am having trouble connecting to the internet using an Ethernet connection. It's through the company Shaw and all they said was plug it in and it should connect. It was already working on my PC, but I can't seem to get it to connect with my Macbook. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Reaction score
Does your company network use a server or firewall for accessing the internet?

Perhaps you have a proxy server or something... if so you may need to enter the correct details.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
Do you have it coming from a router or straight from the modem? I was at my parents this weekend and was having problem with wireless and ethernet connection on my MBP. After going through all the steps about 8 times I didn't even think to check to see if the modem and router were set up right. I checked it and it went wall - modem- computer- router so my parents computer was working just fine. My MBP would recognize the wireless and the ethernet connection but could not connect. Once I noticed how it was set up I fixed it and things worked perfectly after that. Make sure it goes wall - modem - router - computer and make sure the cable's are in the right order.

I'm not saying this is your problem and you may have already thought of something this simple, and I'm not saying I'm an IT guy or anything close but I know my way around a computer. Anyways in my case it sometime seems like the more I learn I tend to forget some of the simple easy fixes.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 160GB HD
No its connected fine, I got online using a Windows desktop..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.