Photoshop or Gimp

Reaction score
Which do you think is easier to design with?

Photoshop, probably just really used to it and I couldn't switch to Gimp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am going to have to say photoshop since it has more features, and integrates with the other CS applications easier.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Photoshop - i didnt like Gimp at all

Reaction score
/\ /\ /\ /\ Ditto.

I feel that if you're going to take the time to learn how to use a piece of software, it might as well be the industry standard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
Hello friends i am using GIMP for simple things like carping , resizing , blurring , fast remaiking and bla bla bla ...

But i can`t corp image background for example in Gimp . or make gif animations ...

So i use both of them , but you now GIMP has a very friendly interface !

So my voice is for free gimp ! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Neither. I don't design anything with Photoshop because at it's core, it is primarily an image editor, not a design program. I use Illustrator for designing things.

I only use Photoshop for editing existing images or adding finishing touches to things I have already designed in Illustrator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I'm with D3v1L80Y on this one - I don't design in Photoshop. But I don't use Gimp at all so if I had to choose, Photoshop definitely wins. I have used Gimp in the past but I was already used to Photoshop so I figured there was no point switching to an inferior program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Gimp for designing banners etc - much easier than Photoshop, but Photoshop for digital photo editing, if iPhoto won't do enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Photoshop all the way, I really don't like GIMP.
But as D3v1L80Y said, I use photoshop primarily for photo-editing and Illustrator + InDesign for designing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Photoshop. It is better documented and better supported by on line communities. In the end, Photoshop remains the gold standard.

GIMP also has one HUGE gaping hole, although the upcoming GIMP 2.4 will help close this at least a bit - GIMP does not support color management. For anyone who is serious about image editing, this is a kiss of death. This means that GIMP is good for casual editing of casual photographs, or any other material that is destined exclusively for the web, where sRGB is the right color space. For anything else, you need the golden standard, Photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I have been a designer for over 18yrs, and I began using PS 2.0 early in my career and I will say PS has no equal not even fireworks in my opinion comes close...
and it seems to get better with every version...
I started using it in 1991 I worked for a photo company that used it mainly to fix scanned images, and i will say scanners in those days were super expensive and rare for people to own...
But enough of memory lane LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.