Powerbook G4 Keyboard - Arrow Key?

F

forza

What does the arrow key in the top right corner of the Powerbook G4 (15") keyboard do? When I click it, it shows an icon of the key on the screen but doesn't appear to do anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The one next to the F12 key? It's an eject button. Press it with a CD/DVD inserted and the CD will pop out.

For desktop Macs and laptops without a slot-loading CD drive, this is also used to open the CD loading tray.

OP
C

Cloudane

Some of the keys baffled me too :p

The symbol that looks like
(edit: I'll get this right yet!)

Code:
-----
   \ _

means 'option'. It's on the same key as 'alt', to the left of the apple and hash-like-symbol key which mean command. Alt and option seem to be the same thing, essentially, as do apple and command (correct me if wrong, I'm a newbie too)

The one that looks something like

_
^ (not the eject one)

is 'Enter'. Apparently Macs often differentiate between "Return" (new line) and "Enter" (confirm a command) whilst PCs generally merge the two.

HTH as it took a lot of googling to find out what all the symbols were for :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Here, I done this for you guys, hope it helps.

This layout applies to all current PowerBook and iBook users.
The part in grey applies only to users with a Backlight Keyboard.

attachment.php

Got any more questions just post a reply. ;)

Attachments

• powerbook_keyboaard.jpg
    powerbook_keyboaard.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 443

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.