Memory suggestion

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have a Macbook w/ 1 gig of RAM. I'm usually running Photoshop, Indesign and Bridge (CS3) and Firefox all at the same time, and notice considerable lag when switching between programs. I was wondering what you guys suggest in terms of upgrading. Should I goto 2 gigs or 3? Do you guys think I'll notice a big difference or is there something else that I could do that would serve me better?

Edit: Sorry, I don't know if the 3 gig max is addressed elsewhere on this forum, but my I got that figure from http://www.pinoymac.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22399

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I have 2 gig in my MacBook and dont notice any lag in photoshop with lots of other apps open (including final cut express), the only issue i have is the fan noise

Reaction score
I also have 2GB or RAM in my MacBook. I can run Photoshop, Illustrator, iTunes and have multiple windows open with Safari without lag problems.

Del, I hear you on the fan noise. If I even sneeze on my MacBook with Photoshop open, the fans kick on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
2 should be fine. from 2 to 3, you most likely won't notice much performance gain unless you're running actions and filters that usually take some processing time, then it will be minimal. At that point, it may be worth upgrading to a faster hard drive if you haven't.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Not the response I was expecting, so doubly thanks! Good thing i asked :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.