powerbook g4 wireless card question

Reaction score
ive got a 3 year old powerbook g4 and i dont know if im just noticing it now, or its gotten worse over time or something, but i dont have very good wireless range. when im in range it works well and everything, but all my roommates (2 with really old pc's) and one with an ibook (about 2 years old) all get much better reception than I do. its annoying not being able to use the internet in my room or anything. are there new better cards i can buy (i guess i'd assume so but i have no idea how to go about finding out which would be compatible with my computer or anything....im really bad at this stuff) or maybe it could be a non-card related problem? any suggestions would be great, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
You could either:
A) Buy a 3rd party USB or Express34 wifi card.
or
B)Buy a new Airport Card with N for your powerbook (I don't know if these are offered seperatly, or even if they will work in a powerbook)

I suggest option A, try to get either Linksys or Netgear, they seem to be the most trouble free and mac ready.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.