• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

EYETV Issues

Reaction score
Good to meet all of you, this is my first post on the site. Anyhow, I recently purchased the pinnacle eyetv setup for my Mac. Anyhow, it came with eyetv lite which sucks. Anyhow, I've been wanting to put my .eyetv shows on DVD's. So far, I've been able to by basically screwing with extension names. See, when it saves the file as blah.eyetv, I change the .eyetv to .avi which converts into a folder where the .mpg file exist. In this form, I can go directly to Toast 8 and burn a DVD. My issue is with the commercials. I just purchased Final Cut Express HD, Toast 8 Titanium, Roxio Crunch, and downloaded the squared5 converter and basically, what I'm trying to do is edit out the commercials, save the file and put it on a DVD with great quality. The recording alone shows great on the TV but I want to get rid of the commercials. I need help on doing this. Can anyone please please help me?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Import the recordings to imovie, edit to cut out the commercials, export to iDVD, burn the disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMacIntel
Just wonderinag about how you are doing this?
Are you using a PVR from Dish Network?
Or are you recording while watching the TV program?
Have have the same software set up within my iMac & eyetv.

please reply

Jerry Gibbons
Dowling, MI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I quite like EYEtvs own editor, but then I haven't used many others.

Can't you edit them, export to avi then burn?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
As far as I understood, Pinnicle doesn't make EyeTV... Elgato does.

www.elgato.com

I'm getting ready to purchase one of their encoders as well. Just wondering what the CPU drain is on a new 2.4G imac with 256 VRAM and 2GB system RAM.

C-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.